9955 AirTran Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32827
Company Overview AirTran is a profitable, growing low-fare, short-haul airline that employs nearly 8,000 people and reaching 50 cities, primarily in the Midwest and Eastern US and also the Bahamas. The airline is the second largest carrier (behind Delta) operating out of the Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport, which is the world busiest airport by passenger volume. AirTran Airways targets business and leisure travelers, and operates 188 flights a day that depart from Atlanta. The airline has a fleet of 130 aircraft, updated with Boeing's new, modern, environmentally friendly 717-200 and the 737-700 regional jets – including XM Satellite Radio.
Mission Statement “Innovative people dedicated to delivering the best flying experience to smart travelers. Everyday”. View more on AirTran's website at:
Public Company Listed on NYSE: AAI
Main competitors Delta, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines
Chairman & CEO 2009 Joseph B. (Joe) Leonard
Key Financial Figures
2007 Revenues ($ US Millions)
2007 Profit/Loss ($ US Millions)
1-Year Sales Growth
1-Year Employee Growth
Recruitment Information View current vacancies posted on the corporate website by going to the website: www.airtran.com . Then, from the bottom menu bar, click on ”Careers”. Next, click on “Employment Openings”, or go directly to the following website to view job openings: www.airtranjobs.com/hr/forms/currentOpenings.aspx
- Or call the Job Hotline at (888) 833-6706
- Or, click on “Information Sessions”, to find out about upcoming information sessions for Flight Attendants, Customer Service/Ramp Agents and other positions
- Or go directly to www.airtran.com/Jobs/info_sessions.aspx
How to apply Resumes must indicate your desired position and the position number. AirTran will contact qualified applicants for interviews. You will be required to create a login id, and apply
online for most positions.
Customer Service Agent Recruitment Information AirTran will review applications and contact selected candidates for a phone interview. Candidates selected from this process will be invited to attend an informational session. During informational sessions, which are conducted for some positions, AirTran will ask candidates to complete an application and take one or more of the following assessments:
• Math and Reading Comprehension assessment
• Oral Reading assessment
• Lift assessment
• Qwiz Computer assessment (following written instructions, math, call center simulation and work-view questionnaire)
After the informational session, AirTran will review all applications and assessment results and select candidates to invite for interviews. Applicants that are selected will be required to submit to or present one or more of the following:
• Drug Test
• Physical Exam
• Human Performance Evaluation
• 10-year Background Investigation
Applicants that meet requirements will be scheduled to attend a 2-4 week training class in Atlanta, Georgia. All candidates must successfully pass training in order to receive an "Active" employment status.
Flight Attendant Recruitment Information AirTran's Flight Attendant training program is conducted in their Atlanta, Georgia In-Flight Education Center. Their program consists of 20 days of accelerated and comprehensive classroom and on-the-job training. Trainees will be evaluated through written assessments, oral and hand-on competency checks. A score of 90% or better is required to pass all assessments. Upon successful completion of all training requirements, which includes Initial Operating Experience (IOE), trainees will receive a training bonus at a rate of $8.75 per hour.
AirTran Airways is a scheduled passenger airline that operates 365 days a year. Crew Members must be prepared to work any assigned shift, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays. Shifts are bid monthly, and are awarded based on seniority. In addition, AirTran Airways Flight Attendants must be prepared to work reserve duty (on-call) and be available in as little as two hours after being notified of an assignment. Flight Attendants may also have to work extended hours due to operational needs.
Flight Attendant Qualification Requirements:
• Belief and support of AirTran Airways' Guiding Principles: Safety, Courtesy, Pride, Teamwork, and Innovation.
• Ability to deliver friendly, enthusiastic and professional service, everyday.
• Demonstrates a positive “Can Do”, and “Will Do” spirit.
• A minimum of 2 years recent face to face customer service experience required.
• Positive professional disposition and appearance.
• Ability to accept personal responsibility for resolving concerns.
• Excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to act with purpose and urgency.
• Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Minimum age 20. High school diploma or G.E.D required; 2years of college preferred.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Second language is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills that include speaking to large groups and individual customers.
• Ability to work any available schedule to include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Ability to work indoors with strength and stamina to endure standing for entire shift.
• Minimum height 5'2" without shoes; maximum height 6'2" with shoes.
• Height and weight proportionate to maintain professional appearance; body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jumpseat, cabin aisle, and emergency exits)
• Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds over head.
• Successful completion of post-offer pre-employment DOT drug screening.
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical examination that reveals no physical or mental limitations that would impair ability to perform routine or emergency job duties.
• Successful completion of FBI criminal history check that reveals no felony convictions in 10 years.
• Ability to provide 10 years of employment, education, unemployment history per FAR 108.33.
• Valid passport prior to beginning training.
• Reliable transportation to and from the airport.
Flight Attendants' Open House Interview Information
AirTran Airways frequently offers open house for interviews for Flight Attendants in various cities. Everyone interested in becoming an AirTran Airways Flight Attendant is invited to attend. To find out where and when the open houses or “Information Sessions” are, go to: www.airtran.com/Jobs/info_sessions.aspx#fa
If you plan to attend the open house, please:
• Be sure you arrive on time, as seating is limited.
• Dress professionally.
• Bring your resume.
• Plan on being at the session for about 2 hours.
• Bring 10 years of education, employment and residency history
In Atlanta, all open houses are held at AirTran's Training Center, located at 1688 Phoenix Blvd., Suite 1704.
Pilot Recruitment Information Pilot Qualifications
• Fixed wing flight time - 2500 hours
• Multi-engine, fixed wing flight time - 1000 hours
• 121 PIC or military equivalent - 500 hours
• An ATP certificate, or successful completion of the ATP written exam
• Current First Class Medical certificate
• Valid passport
• Legally eligible for employment in the United States
• Free of felony convictions within the most recent 10 years
End of Sample Company Information